Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Oct 20, 2007

Living the Dream

If you are a college football fan, you have probably heard of College Game Day. If not, here is a brief intro: During college football season, ESPN, being the omniscient presence that they are, picks the best game of the week and broadcasts from that game for the whole day. This is, to those who are into that sort of thing, the end of the world. Today, the best game in the country is here in Lexington. UK vs. Florida. It boggles the mind to think of how many people are drunk right now within a ten mile radius of me.

What I am about to say might just be the dorkiest thing that I have ever uttered or even thought:

The only reason that I care about this at all is because it is keeping me from studying in the library.

There is it. For all to see. I have just publically announced that I am the biggest nerd on the planet and, while everyone in the tri-state area is either at (or near) the game or glued to ESPN, I am fuming about the fact that I can't get to the library.

Pathetic.

But true.

0 Readers rock!: