Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Oct 22, 2007

Miracles Can Happen


Even though my dad and his sweetheart came to visit and even though I only studied for the exam this morning for a total of, like, ten minutes, I managed to pull a decent grade. This is, in part, due to the fact that the exam was totally straightforward and not that bad. Also, it is thanks to my ever improving cramming skills, something which I have developed since last year.

Here's a fun fact: I am not a science/math person. I was a music major in college. Several years ago. This means that I got into medical school by the grace of god and have stayed in medical school as a result of that same phenomenon. As my more experienced friend once told me, medical school was not made for music majors. I had hoped to prove that theory wrong. While I have not done badly in school, I also have not set any new records and look to be solidly in the middle of my class. This is fine. I have come to terms with this fate, as my brain is simply wired differently (technically speaking) than those brains of my classmates who have never seen the sun for their summer laboratory jobs. However, what's important is that I have managed to develop the necessary cramming skills to survive in school. I did not have these skills last year, which led to a rather stressful year. This time around has been slightly less panicky, a fact I have quite enjoyed.

As a side note:

Before this blog really takes off and makes history like I know it will, I want to give credit where it is due. This blog will, at times, bear an uncanny resemblance to its "mentor", The Underwear Drawer. My friend and classmate that directed me over to that blog was right in thinking that it's just like something that I would love. Indeed, I do. I blew through Michelle's 6 years of archives in about a month (seriously) and completely love her blog, her style, her humor... I could go on and on. So, in advance, please forgive the obvious similarities and inferior writings that you will find here on You'll Never Know Everything. I can only do my best here, people.

So head over there and enjoy. But then come back!

1 Readers rock!:

Anonymous said...

It takes more brainpower and determination for a non-math/science person to do well in med school than a math/science person who has it all come to them easily! So you are SUPER DUPER SMART! You rock and I love you!!! :)