Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Nov 24, 2007

Grr, School.

For those of you who read this blog for inspiration on the wonders of the medial profession, skip this post.

For those of you who are not in the mood to hear me complain about school any more, please come back tomorrow. Actually Monday. I should be happy again on Monday.

For those of you left, thanks for staying (both of you). I will now spill my sorrows.

As we all know, it is Thanksgiving weekend. People are home with their families. They watched football this afternoon. They walked their dogs. They slept in. They snuggled on the couch with their spouses.

Except that, thanks to those blessed people in the Pharamcology Department, I have an exam on Monday. Which means that I am not doing any of the lovely activities listed above and am, instead cramming. Alone. Here's what I'm missing:

1. Patrick's high school reunion. There was a sit down dinner at a bourbon distillery where there was an open bar. He tasted a bourbon that comes from a $325 bottle. All of his friends teased him that he couldn't get his wife to come - maybe she's from Canada. I am at home in sweatpants studying anti-fungals.

2. My family's official Thanksgiving. The Best Nephew Ever's very first one. All three of my sisters posted some reference to how great it was as their facebook status. I ate leftover potato salad and some breakfast rolls for dinner. Alone. With my antibiotic notes.

3. ANY SOCIAL OUTING WITH ANYONE I'VE EVER KNOWN. Can't happen. Because I'm sitting at home, alone, with my anti-parasite notes, wondering why the hell I ever thought med school was a good idea.

Oh, med school. Why you gotta be this way?

1 Readers rock!:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your exam!