Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Nov 4, 2007

My "Children", Part 2

And now for the pups.

Myra: When I moved in with Patrick and went back to school to do pre-requisites for medical school, I made friends with a girl in my Chemistry class whose family bred Shelties. For the first time in my life, I felt that I was able to care for a dog and, thus, wanted one IMMEDIATELY. So I bugged Patrick until he finally gave in and we got Myra. She's my buddy, through and through. She follows me everywhere. She comes and looks for me if she doesn't know where I am. She loves me and I love her. We are forever friends. She and Patrick tolerate each other.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sally: Myra requires a lot (A LOT) of attention and energy and, when I was working full time, I couldn't give her what she needed. So, with the help of a very good friend (hi, Kat!) I convinced Patrick that we needed another dog to keep Myra occupied. When we got the humane society, I liked a big, fluffy, wolf-looking dog. But Patrick saw Honey (again, name change in order) and took her outside to play. Then he looked at me and said, "We are not leaving without this dog." And that was that. We were worried about a similar Emma-Julius result (hatred), but there was nothing to fear. They are BFFs.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Maybe if I get really desperate for NaBloPoMo I'll introduce you to our plants!

0 Readers rock!: