Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Nov 29, 2007

Recluse

Today begins the intensive study for the Path exam on Monday. I stayed home from school to study (classic - only in med school) and have yet to brush my teeth or change into normal people clothes. My neighbor can always tell when I have an exam coming, as I routinely will go outside with the dogs in pajamas, clearly having not showered or groomed, with a bleary, squinty expression resulting from sun exposure. It's a sad, sad world.

On the bright side, though, I got to sleep in a little today. Yay sleep! When I woke up, I was covered in animals. Myra was on Patrick's pillow upside down, furry paws in the air. Sally was next to me, and, as usual, as close as physically possible. Julius was straddling the great divide between the bedside table and the mattress. The Pickle as asleep on my belly and purring loudly, which must have contributed to the dream I was having that I was involved in an experimental campaign to grow Kitchenaid mixers inside the female womb.

Hm. I hope no mental health professionals read this post. I seem to have all the makings of a delusional, anti-social personality. But I'm not sure about that, since I have my psych block in February. I'll get back to you then.

4 Readers rock!:

Anonymous said...

A. You are not anti-social, as you were covered with the animals, who are better company than people most of the time!

B. You may not have had psych yet, but you have seen a delusional person in her day to day activities... and you are DEFINATELY not one!!! :)

Jen @ the mama years said...

oh i just bought a kitchenaid mixer, would have been a lot cheaper if i coulda birthed the thing...

Katie! said...

I don't know, Jen. Those things are HEAVY and awkwardly shaped. No amount of amniotic fluid could make that thing just slip out. YOU, of course, know what I'm sayin...

barrie said...

the dream I was having that I was involved in an experimental campaign to grow Kitchenaid mixers inside the female womb
!!!
That is quite the dream!