Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Nov 14, 2007

Strummin My Pain

I usually walk out to the parking lot from school, but today I took the shuttle. The shuttle is funny because of several reasons:

1. The inefficiency of it all results in me sitting in the running, stationary bus and fuming at the wasted resources and lazy people.
2. It makes for great people watching and eavesdropping. It is astonishing how many people reveal their darkest secrets on the bus.
3. The bus drivers are hilarious.

To elaborate on point 3, the driver of the bus I rode this afternoon is a middle-aged, overweight woman with dyed screaming red hair and a jovial disposition. I really like her. But the problem is that she listens to the worst music (says me). However, today, she was listening to the lighter stuff and that Lauryn Hill song "Killing Me Softly" came on. And the dear bus lady sang along at the absolute top of her lungs.

She actually wasn't too bad.

But, man. Talk about strummin my pain. I still have a headache.

This, clearly, means that I am old and she is not.

1 Readers rock!:

pennsyltuckian said...

Have no fear Ms K.

If you were old, you would never refer to it as "that Lauryn Hill song."

Peace,
pennsy