Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Dec 7, 2007

Lights! Toast! Breakfast!

In a further Someday We'll Have to Sell the House effort, we had an electrician come to the house today to fix a circuit that had been... messed up. Interrupted? Disconnected? I don't know. He came and fixed stuff and talked very intelligently to Patrick. I, however, could not follow what they were talking about. I like to think that I'm a reasonably intelligent person myself and can usually follow conversations and even participate to some degree. Today, however, I proved that there is so much in the world that I don't know.

Like anything about electricity. Thank goodness for the electricians in the world!

So now we can turn the light on in the kitchen and use the toaster as well as travel outside without fear of falling down the steps, as that light works now too. Woo hoo!

And he's coming back next week to put in more outlets in our Olde House Kitchen that was designed in Ye Olden Days when there was nothing to plug in and, thus, no need for outlets. After Wednesday, we'll be able to make toast, coffee, and play the radio at the SAME TIME. Ah, the marvels of modern technology.

Happy weekending!

1 Readers rock!:

Anonymous said...

I am stuck in Albequrqueuurkkhe on a diverted plane from Salt Lake because of snow. Thank god for your blog to get me through.

OOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDDDDE.


miss you.
chad