Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Jan 18, 2008

Want One


I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I am a big ol' Mac Addict. I love all things Apple. Steve Jobs, in my opinion, can do no wrong and could hand me a plate with poo on it and I'd declare him a genius.

So, when he introduced the new MacBook Air the other day at the Keynote, I nearly died.

I've read all the stuff on the forums (God, I'm a nerd) about how people don't think it's a real computer and that there's no way that you could use it as your only machine, all because it doesn't have an optical drive or ethernet port or firewire port. But, I say, BUT!!! Steve Jobs said it was good! Therefore I MUST HAVE IT!!!

That's not really true. I do love Apple, but I have a three year old iBook, not a new fancy MacBook Pro or even a pretty little MacBook. I don't have an iphone. I got a refurb'd ipod for Christmas that I love, if for no other reason that because it's refurb'd. So I doubt very much that I'll be investing (so heavily too - $1800!!) in the pretty, lovely, wonderful, thin, sleek, clutterless, fabulousness that is the new MacBook Air.

Maybe I can set this as a goal to pass the Big Bad Bs: Survive the exam and pass = MacBook Air.

I like it.

1 Readers rock!:

XE said...

It is LOVELY. Way, waaaay out of my price range, but LOVELY :)

That'll be a good motivator to study on those days where you just don;t think you can force yourself to learn anymore!