Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Feb 14, 2008

TV Debate Update

Well, I lost.

Truthfully, we kinda compromised, but, really, I lost.

Last night, we discussed that it would be good to give the TV to Patrick's mom. We talked about re-working our current TV/computer room with a bigger computer screen that could double as a movie watching screen and a TV if we were ever so moved.

Rather like the dining room table, I thought that this topic was one to be discussed again before any action would take place. Patrick, however, thought otherwise and so bought a TV that doubles as a computer monitor from Craig's List today. We picked it up on the way home from work.

I'm going to have to be more clear about when we're finished discussing things and when we're just taking a 24 hour break in the conversation. I'm afraid that he's going to sell the house next after my off-hand comment that we should sell everything and move to Italy.

Ciao, belli.

2 Readers rock!:

The Shrink said...

One of the delightful thing 'bout reading blogs outside Britain if the subtle bit different vocabulary.

Watch movies. This just tickles me! I reckon it's because in the UK anyone in their 30's or older still would think of them as films not movies. I don't know anyone who'd call them movies!

Because of this, it's an unusual word for me to hear, so gets me thinking. If, on seeing the magic of celluloid, the pictures move, so they're moving and called "movies" then now we've moved past Charlie Chaplain and silent film, do you have "talkis" too? ;-)

I jest, sorry! It's just so ingrained in British and European parlance, we have free films on Film 4, we rate films at the Cannes Film Festival and our national museums is the National Museum of Photography Film & Television. Film is used universally.

Sorry to be so tickled by the whole "movie" thing, I think it was an Australian blog that did the same for me a couple months ago, too :-)

pennsyltuckian said...

The wheels of justice grind slow, but they grind exceeding fine.

I suggest you start baking cookies for snow plow drivers or you'll never win another argument again.

Peace,
Pennsy