Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

May 7, 2008

Boards Study: Day 1

Honestly, it was a little less than magnificent. I spent much of the morning researching how to study for the boards. Arguably, this should have been done months ago, but I've been busy, so I did it today. I read lots of different study schedules, arguments that you shouldn't even have a study schedule, and lists of books to study that extended off my screen and required a scroll-down. It was a little overwhelming, but I think I have a decent idea of what I'm going to do.

There is one book that all the lists and all the successful USMLE-takers (read: doctors) swear by, and I decided to start with that one. It's about 300 pages long and I am planning to get through that book once, then take a full-length practice exam and go from there. So after all the planning and the months of worrying, then I actually studied for a few hours! Wow - studying for boards and not just stressing about it... this is a new twist!

This will not be a daily feature, let me assure you. But as it will be assuming the majority of my attention for the next 5 weeks (from today), it is likely to be a recurring topic. Apologies to all who are thoroughly disinterested; as I keep telling myself, it's temporary!

1 Readers rock!:

Dragonfly said...

Study. Hmmmm. It has been a while.