Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Jun 2, 2008

Blank Stare

I don't know if I've ever said this, much less if I've said it recently, but I love this blog and I love the people who read it. What started as an indulgence and means to remember things (as I have the worst memory on the planet) has morphed into an absolutely priceless medium for me to connect with other people. All kinds of people, too. Real doctors and future doctors, old friends and strangers. I try not to geek out too much about the blog in real life, but, honestly, it's one of my very favorite things in my day.

Which is why it is so frustrating to not have anything to say. I want so much to chronicle and communicate and reach out to others, but my life is so static at the moment, so mind-bogglingly dull that it is really difficult to find anything at all to talk about. I took a walk tonight with the pups hoping that that would inspire some, you know, THOUGHT, some sort of expression instead of cramming things into my head. Mostly I counted the cats we saw (five, two of which were black) and thought about how my dog always goes poo right at the start of the walk so that I have to carry it around in a baggie for two miles. That was all I could come up with. So sad.

I'm afraid this isn't going to improve in the next 8 days either. It'll be boardsboardsboards until the 11th around 4:30pm (not that I'm counting). I'm still going to try to post, as I really do love it so much, but I can't promise that anything will be entertaining or even coherent to read. Apologies in advance and thanks for sticking with me. Seriously, you guys rock.

4 Readers rock!:

XE said...

You can always meme it up if you have nothing to say :) :)

Dr. A said...

Great post. All of us go through a spell like this. What I found out (after doing this for almost two years) - is the community that comes over here to check out your blog - just want to say hello.

Even I go through spells when I don't want to post something, because I think it's boring, or not good. Pshaw! Just post whatever! You're not being graded. I'll read pretty much anything that anyone writes (and I've found that for my blog as well).

I've got to take my Family Medicine Boards in about 6 weeks, so I know what you mean about studying, studying, studying. Good luck! I'll be back to read more... (Sorry for the long comment)

Dragonfly said...

I suggest serial photos of your belly :-) Then at the end of your pregnancy you can print em all off and make a flip book.

tracy said...

A Psychiatric resident i know is taking his boards today, so you know i am thinking of him...and i am worried over a little emt test...ha! love you, Katie, thanks for everything!

PS lol, love the flip book ides!