Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Oct 18, 2008

Heaven is a Breast Pump

Thanks for the support on the matter of the caps lock key, friends. Though I never did figure out how to take apart my computer to clean it out, I did discover that if you bang on the keys long enough, they will un-stick! Huzzah!

My friend and classmate invited us over to his house this afternoon to "go shopping" in his garage. This particular friend, whose identity will be obvious to those in school with us, is a father of four. FOUR kids between the ages of 1 and 5. Holy cow. Anyway, he gave us all kinds of baby-related goodies that his clan has outgrown. All of these things are awesome, but the BEST THING EVER, I tell you, is that he (really his wife) gave me her bilateral electric hospital grade breast pump. This means several things:

1. Patrick can get up in the middle of the night and feed the Turnip.
2. Thus, I can sleep for more than an hour and forty-five minutes at a time.
3. I can give my poor self a rest from the relentless choppers of the Turnip.
4. I have never seen anything more hilarious (and disturbing, truthfully) than the pump in action.

You may look forward to more lucid and, possibly, more positive and enthusiastic posts in the near future as my brain returns to normal with a bit more sleep. For those who are pregnant or considering child-bearing out there: GET AN ELECTRIC BREAST PUMP. Even if you're staying home forever. Do it. You won't regret it.

3 Readers rock!:

Dragonfly said...

Awesome. I remember Michelle Au posting about hers and thinking "I've got to get me one of those". Only should I be impregnated that is, not otherwise :-)
Glad you can finally reach REM sleep.

barrie said...

Excellent! Delighted to hear that things are seeming somewhat less desperate :-)

XE said...

Awesome! Hope you get some more sleep very very soon, being chronically sleep deprived is never fun.

:)