Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Nov 25, 2008

Better Yet

Today was a much better day. People were nicer, more helpful, and seemed to have some compassion for our situation, as opposed to yesterday, when the conversation would go like this:

KATIE
So what you're telling me is that, though you took my money with the understanding and knowledge that I was pregnant, you never told me that none of us, including the newborn, would be eligible for coverage? And so now none of us, including my new baby, are insured?

STUPID CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSON
Yes, that is correct.

KATIE
(bursts into tears)

SCSP
Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Today, things are looking much brighter. We have options again and I, for one, am thinking much more clearly than yesterday. I spoke with six different people on the phone today, not including my sister, and didn't cry or lose my temper once. Although, admittedly, the day is not yet done.

Also, I finally got around to showering today. Please hold your applause.

And on a completely unrelated topic...

I mentioned the other day that we went to Ikea on the way home from Columbus. I'd like to take this opportunity to sing the praises of Ikea from the proverbial rooftop. In particular, let me highlight all the kid-friendly places, activities, and stuff they have. Did you know that Ikea has BABYSITTING? Holy cow. Obviously, we didn't leave Colin with the babysitters, as I think he's a bit young to enjoy the ball pen, but STILL! Oh, the possibilities. Also, they have a Baby Care Room with a comfy chair that has arms the perfect height for feeding an infant. A miniature table and chair set sits in the middle of the bathroom for the older kids and there are mobiles hanging above the changing station. OH! And FREE DIAPERS. Ikea has complimentary diapers. OMG I'm moving in. There are plenty of rooms already set up - I'll just take one of those. I won't be any trouble.

We totally cleaned up. We finished the Best Nephew Ever's Christmas gifts and let me just say right now that we are going to be declared the Best Aunt and Uncle Ever Christmas morning. We were in a bit of a rush the other day, having only three hours to get through the whole store, so I didn't get to see everything I wanted to and am planning another trip in a few weeks. On my list: curtains, light fixtures, and possibly this bed frame. Also, a white sheet - I read on the internet that a plain white sheet is an essential for "professional looking photographs". Well I wouldn't want my photographs to look amatuer, now would I? However, I am amateur enough that I don't want to spend any money on this crucial bit of scenery, which brings me to another of Ikea's praise-worthy qualities: CRAZY CHEAP.

4 Readers rock!:

~Ashley said...

just curious...why would the company deny you coverage if they knew all of that stuff before? i'm sure they have some devil's loophole clause for just that occasion....?

XE said...

Wow Katie, that sucks. Seriously, that's just plain mean of these people to mess with your coverage, especially with the baby and everything.

Happier topic: IKEA! I love IKEA! Glad you had an opportunity to experience the joy :)

Rach said...

I love Ikea. But only when Igo during the week. Which reminds me. I have to go buy my christmas presents there tomorrow. Ikea makes for amazing christmas presents!

Dragonfly said...

Hope it works out alright. *Hugs*