Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Dec 15, 2008

Evidence

Conversational evidence, all collected in the last week, that Patrick and I deserve each other:

*****
Exhibit A
*****

Patrick turns on and is adjusting an antique TV, which displays nothing but static.

PATRICK
Look at this thing! Isn't it great? I love it!

KATIE
What are you watching? The weather channel?

PATRICK
(stares incredulously at KATIE)

KATIE
Get it? Like, snow! HA!

PATRICK
I'm going to pretend that you didn't say that. Then we can stay married.

*****
Exhibit B
*****

We are shopping at World Market.

PATRICK
Man, I wish you weren't here!

KATIE
(feelings hurt)
What? Why?

PATRICK
I could do so much good Christmas shopping for you if you weren't here!

KATIE
Sheesh. You're an idiot.

Everyone should find someone who compliments their particular brand of crazy.

0 Readers rock!: