Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

May 4, 2009

New Day

What a weekend we had!

We sold the house Friday afternoon – less than a month and for what we wanted – and then trekked up to Indy to look for houses. We found several that would work and settled on the one that “felt right”, though we will have to make some adjustments to fit our needs. We’re making an offer on that house today and hope to be able to close in the next few weeks. Sunday, we came back to Lex in time for Colin to go to his first party. It was adorable and Colin had a great time for about two hours. After an epic meltdown in the middle of “happy birthday”, we left so the poor kid could have a nap. We came home to find a letter accepting my transfer to my new med school! Then we celebrated with good friends last night with mint juleps and enchiladas.

After all the excitement from the weekend, work seems so mundane today.

I simply cannot believe our luck. We spent the whole weekend saying, “I can’t believe we sold the house!” and “I can’t believe that everything is working out. I just can’t believe it!” Though there is now the trudging through house inspections and, of course, the moving to consider, things are just going our way. I don’t know what we did to deserve this, but we are so, so grateful.

More soon, but that’s the news. THANK YOU for all your thoughts, emails, comments, and support. Are you excited to have moving posts to look forward to? You should be!

3 Readers rock!:

Jen @ the mama years said...

congrats!

Alykat said...

What???? You got into med school and I wasn't there for you to TWIST ALL THE SKIN OFF MY ARM????? :)
Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Let me know when I can come visit and steal furniture (and hold Colin)! Miss you all!

WV Kate