Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Aug 20, 2009

Bullets

Howdy, friends! I have things I want to tell you, but none of them seem like they deserve an entire post, so I’m resorting to a list. I would rather resort to Cancun, but I do love lists, so watch out for the bullet points.

- Remember when I told you recently that I decided to do The 30 Day Shred? Yes, still doing it (amazing in itself) and it has been going well until yesterday. I survived Level 1 – by the end of the 10 days I was feeling quite solid – and moved on to Level 2, which almost kills me every time. I thought that I was just adjusting to the harder workout and such, but last night was bad. I did my workout, crazy sweat and breathing hard, as usual, but I couldn’t catch my breath. Ever. For the next EIGHT HOURS I couldn’t catch my breath.

As an aside, when I was in college I was diagnosed with exercise-induced asthma, which I promptly scoffed at because I didn’t have problems when I was exercising. I went to be evaluated in the first place because I had trouble when I was singing, found that I could exhale completely and that my breath didn’t respond as it should. Fine and dandy, but exercise was no problem. Of course, now I think more critically and see that my exercise was yoga, with very controlled breathing. Hm.

Anyway, so I was worried that I was going to die. I couldn’t lie flat, I was wheezing and coughing, none of which was helped by the fact that I was a little panicked due to feeling like I was, as I said, going to die. So, damn it all, I’m going to have to go to a doctor and ask for something to help me not die after a workout. In the meantime, I’m taking a little break from The Shred, possibly going back to Level 1, until I can feel like I won’t die from it. Sad face.

- Guess what I think I’ve discovered about Colin? Can you guess? You’ll never guess so I’ll just tell you. I think he’s a lefty. A south paw. LEFT HANDED. I have had this suspicion for a while, but obviously it won’t be until he starts coloring or writing (or playing basketball) that we’ll really know. But he reaches with his left hand, he prefers to feed himself with his left hand, and when he’s cruising around he always takes a step with the left food first.
So, to recap, I grew a blonde-haired, blue-eyed, lefty in my body. Yeah, I don’t know either.

- I am bored with vacation. I still have a bunch of projects and things to do, but I want to go back to work. I just got back in to this game and this extended time out is a little premature. I was glad for the break after inpatient peds, as I was exhausted, but I think a weekend would have sufficed. I feel like I’m losing my recently and hard-earned skills.

It goes without saying that I love hanging out with Colin all day, but I don’t feel like I am as fun when he and I are together all day versus when I come home, having missed him all day, and am ready to play. Now, we are together all day, but the day is so structured around meals and naps and errands that it doesn’t feel like we can just sit down and PLAY like we do when I come home from work. I doubt Colin notices a difference, he’s such a happy camper by nature that, as long as his routine is not disturbed, he is perfectly pleased in life, but I feel a difference in my energy. I actually have less energy to devote to playing with him after tending to his every need all day. It doesn’t make any sense, but it is a reality. Going back to work is the best thing for all of us. Except maybe the laundry pile.

- Myra the Fluffy Dog got her hair done today for the first time in probably three years. She is prancing around like she’s on a runway and it is making me giggle. A lot. The groomer was a craggy old woman with stretched out tattoos on her wrists, a wicked smoker’s cough, and an incredibly bad dye job, but loved my little dog and was very proud of her work. Myra is proud also and thanked her by licking her ankles incessantly while we checked out. She might need a day at the spa more often, if only to make me giggle like this.

2 Readers rock!:

Dragonfly said...

Am definitely not blonde haired or blue eyed, but I'm sinistral as well. Good luck with sorting that bronchospasm...

pyjammy pam said...

great blog! (found through blogherad link on my page.)

i know this is an old post, but i also grew blonde haired blue eyed little boys, and i have no idea how. not sure if they're going to be lefties, the jury's still out on that.