Home | Posts RSS | Comments RSS | Login

Feb 6, 2010

A Boy and His Toys

Things are much better around my house. I wrote last on Monday; by Tuesday afternoon, Colin was basically back to his normal self. He's still coughing a bit when he gets really excited or goes out in the cold, but he's off the nebulizer treatments entirely and has resumed terrorizing the cats in the house. He also picked right up where he left off with his full-body fits, throwing himself to the ground at the slightest provocation. This is something that he apparently did not feel up to while he was sick but, now that he has recovered the ability to breathe and move oxygen through his body, he uses that to its full potential when expressing his vehement disappointment in my decision to withhold cookies.

Your thoughts, advice, and encouragement was much appreciated and certainly helped to bring about this happy (?) turn. I'll just send him over to you the next time he's begging for a cookie.

No, really. Thank you.

I haven't taken any photos of Colin since the beginning of January, I realized today, and so I broke out the camera and shot a few while Patrick and Colin and I were all home together while the sun still shone. Patrick and I were both on overnight call last night, the first time that has happened, so while we're blearing and stumbling around, we are happy to all be together all day long.

The Blizzard of '10 was not really that impressive for us, but Colin enjoyed himself thoroughly so long as he did not actually have to touch or step in the snow.

Photobucket

He got this horrible, horrible toy from his aunt (my own sister, how could she) for his birthday that sings and squwaks and has something to do with ice skating at the zoo that Colin LOVES. We repeatedly hid it and hoped to return it or regift it or something to get it out of our house, but every time he saw it his head would explode. Finally, he managed to destroy the packaging the other day, making it forever ours. I took the thing out and put it together. This is about all we've seen of Colin since.

Photobucket

And a good bit of this.

Photobucket

As well as a whole lot of this.

Photobucket

If you just focus on that last one, it seems like a pretty good toy, don't you think?

2 Readers rock!:

pyjammy pam said...

last year, when the fisher price toys like that were all the rage in my house, we had that one. i just didn't get the point of it. so it didn't last long, thankfully. but the songs, they echoed in my head looooong after the toy was gone. darn those fisher price songwriters. they're geniuses, really.

Tiffany said...

Oh my, he has teeth!! I haven't been able to get on blogs for a while and haven't seen updates of Colin!
Wow!